August 14, 2017
He called you to this through our Gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.2 Thessalonians 2:14-15
SPELLING – UNIT 1 (Pretest Wed., Final test Friday)
- Bonus Words: Montgomery, Alabama
- Challenge: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica, creation, subject, predicate
- Refer to your Take Home folder
- Thursday, 8/17: ½ Luther’s Morning Prayer – “I thank you…may please You.”
- Thursday, 8/24: All of Luther’s Morning Prayer
Spelling Bonus Words
- We will be learning the states and capitals as extra credit for our Spelling Tests.
- If your child does not get them correct, it will not count against him/her.
- If your child gets both the state and capital correct, they will earn a +1.
Spelling Challenge Words
- If your child receives an A+ on their Pretest, they will take the Challenge test on Friday.
- The Challenge words are listed above.
- The Challenge test is considered extra credit.
Spellingcity.com – Spelling City App
- Students can practice their regular spelling lists as well as the challenge words at Spellingcity.com.
- There is also a free Spelling City app for the iPad/iPhone.
- Students can take practice tests as well as play games that use our Spelling lists.
- Search for teacher “Heather Hemler”.
Classroom Challenge Papers
- Challenge papers can be completed at school or at home.
- Parents and siblings can provide assistance.
- There is no due date for Challenge papers. They just need to be turned in by the last week of school.
- This week’s challenge papers include:
1. Unit 1 Spelling Word Search (worth 8 mile cards)
2. Place Value – Cross – Number Puzzle - Math (worth 5 mile cards)
3. Mystery States (worth 6 mile cards)
4. 3 Digit Addition (worth 8 mile cards)
5. Magic Squares - Logic (worth 10 mile cards)
Friday: 8:15 a.m. – Chapel
Aug. 21: Total Eclipse
Sept. 3: St. Paul’s Movie Night
Sept 4: NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
Sept. 12: School Pictures
Sept. 15: NO SCHOOL – LESA In-Service Day
Sept. 25: 11:00 – Early Dismissal – Teacher In-Service
Sept. 27: St. Paul’s Fun Run – Grades K-4 – Must Pre-Register
Nov. 9: 3rd Grade Class Chapel -
Feb. 24: 3rd Grade Wax Museum