Monday Memo Grade 3
March 13, 2017
“I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, In whom I trust.” Psalm 91:2
SPELLING – Unit 28 - (Pretest Wed., Final Test Fri.)
- Bonus: Helena, Montana
- Challenge: government, election, mayor, governor, capital, Capitol, President, Congress, Supreme Court, White House
- No Memory this week – The children should be working on memorizing their lines for their Chapel skit.
Achievement Tests – April 3-13
- Please make every effort to have your child in school, and on time, those days.
- Please encourage your child to have a nutrition filled breakfast.
- Missed achievement tests may be made up by appointment before school.
STUCO Dress Down Day – “Animal Day”– Tomorrow – March 14
- Allowed: Animal onesies, hats, one prop
- Not Allowed: Masks, Yoga pants, leggings
Principal’s Reading Challenge – 115,000 Pages!!!
- Each child (and family) is encouraged to track their reading from March 1-31.
- Parents, we need your help by “modeling” night-time reading and signing off on the students’ daily progress.
- I would LOVE for each 3rd grader to participate!
- If you need an extra form, please visit our school website – www.stplutheranschool.org – Bulletin page, or the school offices.
- Irregular Plurals – 7 m.c.
- ABC Order – 5 m.c.
- Parts of Speech – 8 m.c.
- Unit 28 Word Search – 8 m.c.
- Wednesday: 3rd Quarter Report Card Distribution – Please sign and return envelope; Lenten Worship – 11:00, 5:00, 6:30; Lenten Dinner – 5:30
- Friday: 8:15 Chapel – 3rd Grade
- Mar. 20-24: NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
- Apr. 3-13: Achievement Testing for Grades K-7
- Apr. 14: NO SCHOOL – Good Friday
- Apr. 17: NO SCHOOL – Easter Monday
- May 4: Daniel Boone’s Home/Boonesfield Village – 10:45 – 3:00
- May 18: Meramec Caverns Field Trip – 8:00 – 3:00